Monday, January 10, 2011

Book Adaptation: The Great Gatsby

One of my favorite 1920's work has been F. Scott Fitzgerald's, The Great Gatsby. The 20's have always have a huge impact in my likings and reading. My junior year in High School I got the chance to read it for the third time. I had never taken the chance to watch the film until the teacher played the 1974 version with Robert Redford as Jay Gatsby, Mia Farrow as Daisy Buchanan, and Sam Waterston as Nick Carraway.


So I collaborate with other bloggers to run Page to Premiere. A site dedicated to upcoming films based on books. It gives you any news, trailers, casting, articles, etc. One of our collaborators reported about a new version of Gatsby starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and Carey Mulligan as Daisy. To top it off the director of the film is none other than Baz Luhrmann! Director of Moulin Rouge! (one of my favorite musicals), Romeo&Juliet starring Claire Daines as Juliet and Leonardo DiCaprio as Romeo, and Australia.

Now you're asking yourself who is playing the main character and narrator of The Great Gatsby? Tobey Maguire was cast as Nick Carraway. To me it seems like a decent cast. The film is set to be released in 2012.

You can read all the articles/interviews:
Deadline
NY Magazine


What do you think about the new version of Gatsby?
I'll be anticipating this one for months!

No comments:

Post a Comment